Followers

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Danger: Emotional Alert! Haha.

I have always wanted to know where my readers come from. And because of the advancement in real time online tracking, I am able to track where my readers come from. Yes, it is nice to know that my blog is being visited, even by people whom I don't know. I sometimes wonder, which friend is it that I have in Brighton (well, cousin Alisa used to study there.. but that was like 2 years before), Singapore (Tan Su Yi kah?), Saudi (let me guess, Zaim?) and Japan (I suppose it's Fiqah). I just wanna say thanks for spending the time browsing though my posts :).

How do I know some of my readers? Well, some are constant commentors (like En. Dayat!), some friends (who are usually bloggers too) told me that they came across my blog and expressed their views about my posts, and some friends gave some hints that they have read this blog by giving me some hints, e.g. you love fried chicken, don't you? And I will wonder like, err.. when did I give that information away verbally..? Hmm.. The pulling down part is that, when I know my readers, I tend to restrict whatever I am writing so as not to write things that may be discomforting to them. As a result: depressed blogger! haha. Less of self expression.

For almost two years, I no longer engage in diary-writing (except during new year's eve), cuz when I read back my diary posts, it all seemed to be quite emotional (it's easier expressing my emotions on paper, than with people, nanti kena label as drama queen. Tak macho la kan..), and I don't prefer that sort of feeling. And I have thrown lotsa them into the dustbin. In short, waste of my time. So no, I avoid going near to fancy diaries when I step into Kino or MPH.

Speaking about being emotional, lately I sense the huge impact of emotions on me. You know, I guess the "9 nafsu 1 akal" thingy is taking over me. Nafsu, in my understanding after reading a few opinions (mentioned by Saifulislam and demipena in their websites) does not really link to lust or desire or whatever synonyms that it has, but more to the emotion matters. I asked a few of my close girlfriends before, do they feel that, and they said it's affirmative. It's not that I'm trying to deny the womanish development inside me, but it does feel awkward (and tak best jugak!). Why? Because I adore those whom are more logical than emotional. Maybe it's the ego thingy, or maybe the adapting process is slow. And because my emotional side is developing, I pity my fiance who has to get used to the emotional turbulence I had recently. Believe me, I am adapting as well! It's rather weird you know.

Perhaps I should finish reading that Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus (sebenarnya malas nak habiskan.. tapi Robert Kiyosaki said those who don't wanna learn more are ignorant people. No, Sharifah is not ignorant!) to better understand women (as well as men). It should help me in dealing with my loved ones, and friends and colleagues.

I've got a wedding tomorrow to attend in Putrajaya (congrats Syikin and Amri!) and after that, I'll head to Jalan TAR, kikiki.. mencari kain! And Monday to Wednesday, BOSET with Yatt, Caah, Nazrol and Shafaf! May we survive.. (cey, the scaredy-cat me!)

10 comments:

Aman said...

Woman without feelings and emotions only lives in man's fantasy. Either in Mars or Vulcan (Hate to point out Star Trek metaphor) or dreams... or Heaven.

But in the universe we live in, the male species have to consider the perasaan thingy while engaging the female. Thank you.

There will be an upcoming movie called "The Ugly Truth" starring
With Katherine Heigl and my king Leo, Gerard Butler. in July 2009.
Consider watching it. :)

Zue said...

Ira,
you can skim read the Men are from Mars book. I found that the latter half of the book more towards emphasizing and repeating the first half of the book. Plus the second half is a bit boring anyway hehehe...

so,my opinion is if you read the first half you already read the whole book already. it is a good book nevertheless.

and you know from whom i borrowed the book? a guy friend. interesting huh?

ladyrora said...

oohhh. okay. Ira baca pun main lompat2, pilih chapters. thanks 4 de info (on d book and on d muvi en. Dayat!)

Aman said...

For the second comment
"no capital letter for the first word on every sentence, no grammatical error, no lame jokes, female's writing style,"
Hahaha.
That would be my Wife.

Aman said...

Yesterday was father's day.
In my childhood my parents thought me
"Give everything to the children and expect nothing in return"

ladyrora said...

haha! Usually, others will laugh to a guy's lame jokes, but NOT his girl definitely, haha. Dun ask me why, i dunno myself..!

dueng said...

huhu. guys does make lame jokes. after all, we're allowed to. well, if guys become too serious, the colours in life would disappear. yeah, it's kinda our roles to be stupid and lame sometimes, just to add some spice to it. :)

i have to say that most dad that are lovely mostly fun in nature. right? and mom expected to be nagging machine and mean dictator though in the event of dad become dictator, mom is children shelter. :)

well, my gf also have her ups and downs so most time i just let her cool off her head. :)

Aman said...

Happy Father's day
Having a 3 and a half years old rebellious son reminds me of myself when I was a kid.
Last months he attacked me and kicked my leg after waking up in the morning realizing that mom has gone to work while he is sleeping. He ended up 10 minutes in toilet detention. 5 minutes after that he was happy playing in the shower.

We were taught since children that we must always respect the eldest.
I am 100% agree.
But know what the problem is? Sometimes the eldest don't really know the rule that Respect Should Be Earned. Not given.
Some eldest abuse that rule the same way some men abuse the law to "poligamize".

I have not seen my son for nearly 2 weeks now. If I want his respect, next week should be man to man chatting and doing our stuff together.

Fathers should earn their children's respect.
Happy Father's Day.

ladyrora said...

I can't agree more with u en. Dayat.

(i soo have many things that i wanna tell u but i can't tell in public, haha)

yes. respect should be earned, and respect is given to those who deserve. who deserves? anyone who knows how to respect people.

the phrase respect should be earned however, is giving me alot of dilemma. it is seldom that those whom u shud respect, get it by earning it. they basically want it for free. therefore, i am seen as rebellious. huhu.

oh well. generation gap and difference in conception..

Aman said...

Well. You can tell it by claiming "These stories are fictional. Tiada kaitan dengan orang yang saya kenal" Hahaha.

Nak tahu apa yang tak best minggu ini? Cerita transformer 2. I rarely dis- the big budget movie. But this time it really 'devastator' me. tension, tension.