Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2010

A step into late 20s

Whoa. I'm 26!

I still feel like I'm this 19 year-old girl when I am at home, really. However, I always feel older than my peers. Like 20-something going 30. Maybe because I was born in January. Does any January-ans feel that? I dunno. Maybe I am an isolated case.

The only thing nowadays that made January no longer my loved month is that I have ACD assessment in January. Well, last year and this year, with the dates being almost the same. No at this point of time, I can't entirely put my head in for the assessment. It has somehow affected my productivity for the first 2 weeks of the month. Can't say that I didn't prepare earlier, I started like 2 months ago, but not that consistent anyway. Preparing for ACD isn't the same as preparing for SPM, which in the latter case, whatever I read I can recall and fix the jigsaw puzzles perfectly. Now, I have to say that it is quite, or very, difficult. Telling my parents about it won't be of any help. They are not awed by work difficulties anymore, especially my mom, who has been busier lately after getting her doctorate. Boring.

A friend who is gonna get married a few weeks after me told me that she's planning on a long hiatus after marriage. Well, I am not so sure of that. I do think of how I can actually have some extra dollars (dollars ye, not just ringgit) from other things apart from my monthly wages. A career is what I wanna keep for myself, and what I am doing now is not too bad at all.

26. What's there in an age? Maturity? Higher wisdom? Better understanding? Higher fear of God? Higher income? Slower metabolisme? (Hey, not yet!!) Change in status?

Yep, this year I am getting married, in fact it's 9 weeks from now. How time flies. How I have grown. What a wow..

After this, life planning would be much more exciting, since I am not going to do it alone. I am looking forward for that. No, I'm not just another bride who thinks too much about the wedding preparation. I am more concerned about the essence of marriage. Some friends tried to bring me into the thinking that I should not let the individualistic thinking disappear when I am married. I dunno about that. They can say I'm blinded by love. They think they know me too much. But as far as I am concerned, I have never been blinded. I'm very fine actually. Trust me. And I can give assurance that no one knows me that much.

All the best wishes for you on your birthday, Sharifah. Expect changes everyday. Because changes are the constant thing in life you'll encounter. You can never say no. Face them with a great head on your shoulders, and with a good heart too.

14 comments:

Aman said...

Faizul likes this.

Nazim said...

Evil is me enjoying all you people suffer from the assessment. But it pained me to flunk 10 out of 12 candidate last week. How'd you do?

ladyrora said...

haha..

assessment ok or not, doesn't matter. yg penting is that good engineers can be produced from the system, betul tak en. Nazim?

Ira nye assmnt esok! and dgr2nya dgn Shahid kut. dunno what to expect. I was hoping for Razak Waris or Shahrul MLNG :/

Aman said...

Patutlah susah.
Yang berjaya akan dipromote double 0 status. Yang gagal hanya dapat desk job macam Strawberry Fields.

Aman said...

Patutlah susah.
Yang berjaya akan dipromote double 0 status. Yang gagal hanya dapat desk job macam Strawberry Fields.

Aman said...

Bos dah bagitau jawapan ke?

Zue said...

happy birthday ira. and all the best in your assessment. i am sure married life will be great. trust me :)

ladyrora said...

jawapan? assessment? da sudah da pun. benci gila kat Shahid!

thank u kak zufina ;) i trust u in that, hehe.

Aman said...

Apa yang great nye married life ni? Eh? Cerita sikit.

Zue said...

you gain some, you lose some. embrace this fact and there will be no regret.:)

Zue said...

you gain some, you lose some. embrace this fact and there will be no regret.:)

ladyrora said...

well en. dayat, aren't u enjoying ur role as a hubby and a daddy?

in this ever increasing toughness environment to keep a family stay strong, i look up to those who can pull things together.

p/s: dont ask me complicated questions. i can yet answer questions on rumahtangga.

Aman said...

Ohhh...
Being a husband.. so enjoyable it is.

Being a father.. don't have much enjoyable because you give them everything they should have, but you expect nothing in return. Where is the fun in that? Hahaha
It is all about responsibilities.

Aman said...

I selalu cakap dengan eva. "Eba bila nak besar ni. Penat le nak jaga".